Full-Service South Carolina Family Law Firm Handles Divorce and Parenting Matters
Experienced lawyer assists individuals and families in the Columbia and sumter areas
Whether you are going through a divorce, looking to adopt, or facing another legal issue close to home, the attorney at The Paraclete Law Center, LLC will seek solutions to your legal problems that protect your interests and loved ones. Our committed legal professional is well-versed in matters of South Carolina family law. Parents and divorcing spouses in the Columbia and Sumter areas and throughout South Carolina enlist our help to overcome some of life's most difficult challenges, and we take pride in delivering quality representation.
Dedicated South Carolina attorney advocates for the best interests of children
To ensure a secure future for your children after a divorce, Attorney Kharimah R. Dessow at The Paraclete Law Center, LLC provides caring legal counsel and advocacy. We can help you with matters including:
- Child support — Attorney Kharimah R. Dessow will seek an arrangement in which you receive or pay an equitable amount of the financial support required to raise your children in a healthy, happy environment.
- Child custody and visitation — We advocate for parenting time to be divided in a way that grants a child stability and safety. We assert our clients' parental rights to make decisions about how children are raised.
- Adoption — We assist clients who seek to add children to their families through adoption. Attorney Kharimah R. Dessow handles the legalities of this sometimes frustrating process so that you can concentrate on preparing for your new family member.
In all of these matters, we provide knowledgeable counsel at each step to protect your children’s welfare and your rights as a parent.
Focused counselor handles divorce, alimony and property division matters
Attorney Kharimah R. Dessow helps clients to end their marriage with as little stress as possible, but when disagreements can’t be resolved, we won’t hesitate to press your rights in court. Whether your breakup is contested or amicable, we provide comprehensive support for:
- Divorce — We guide you through the divorce process so that your rights are protected and you can move forward with confidence.
- Spousal support — So that divorce doesn’t unnecessarily disadvantage one party, we help you seek the best possible settlement or judgment for spousal support payments, whether you must pay alimony or will receive it.
- Property division — We will advocate for a fair allocation of your marital estate and debt, ensuring the court has a full financial accounting.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — We draft and review comprehensive prenuptial and postnuptial agreements that protect your interests and can alleviate some of the stress and uncertainty should you ever divorce.
You may find that mediation helps you and your partner to achieve amicable agreements about issues involving your children, property and finances. If mediation proves unproductive, however, our lawyer is a skilled litigator who will advocate for your best interests in court.
Contact a dedicated South Carolina family law firm
The legal representation you choose will play an important role in shaping the terms of your divorce, adoption or other family law matter. Call The Paraclete Law Center, LLC at 803-978-3931 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our family law attorney at our Columbia office.